Today I would like to share with you my top ten list of things to make your website more SEO friendly.
1. Do proper keyword research: This is invaluable! Make sure that before you build a site, you figure out exactly what kinds of keywords you will want to target.
2. Use header tags: This is a chance for you to tell the search engines what you consider to be the most important phrase on your website.
3. Use italics and underlining to further emphasize your keywords.
4. Use proper keyword usage: I try to use my main keyword about 2% of the time. Don’t overdo it!
5. Have a smart navigation structure: Make it as easy as possible for the search engines to get around your site, have lots of internal links
6. Use contextual links: Do everything you can to streamline your visitors through your site, and push them towards your products.
7. Get as many high quality links as you can: This is incredibly important, links can make the difference in a high ranking website.
8. Encourage visitor interaction: create some polls, reach for feedback, anything you can to involve your visitors.
9. Update content regularly: No one likes a stale site, keep it fresh
10. Branch out: not every venture is going to be incredibly profitable. Be sure to spread out your “eggs”, and once you start making money, put more resources and time into making even more profit.
Search engine optimization really isn’t that hard, and many people don’t even do it. I hope that you have enjoyed my top 10 SEO tips.